When I see fat-positivity posts get hijacked with “but skinny girls—” all I can think is that bird meme “I’m uncomfortable when things not about me” or w/e. Like honestly.
Also I should mention, this isn’t meant to minimize the body issues that slim girls feel. There is a place and a time for that discussion and fat positivity posts and discussions are NOT that time. General discussion on body positivity? Go for it. General discussion on dysphoria? Go for it. General discussion of societal beauty standards? Go for it. General discussion of E.D.’s etc? Go for it. Skinny-shaming and skinny-issue specific areas? GO FOR IT. There are TONS of places to air concerns and problems around this subject without taking posts about the very real issue of fat shaming. You sound like a guy who says “BUT MEN TOO” and like it honestly makes me want to push your face into a carpet so please do not do this thank
Dear fat girls wearing crop tops: please. Continue. Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t. You’re so fucking cute!!! You look absolutely fabulous, if I might add, and your self worth isn’t determined on how men see you.
"dont forget skinny girls! we face body shaming too!" how could we ever forget about you, you are everywhere- in magazines, on tv, on catwalks, and in the minds of people whove been brainwashed into thinking you and you alone are the epitome of beauty. you are what fat girls get told we should be on a daily basis. we understand you can be hurt by body shaming at times, but the overall opinion of your bodies is a positive one in this society while the opinion of fat girls is that we are ugly, unlovable, grotesque, that we are comedy relief and its ok to ridicule us. you are universally favored over us. quit acting like we face equal shaming in regards to body weight. just because that one person that one time like two years ago made a negative comment about your skinniness does not give you the right to derail every post dedicated to the fatphobia fat women face every day of our lives. stop this behavior for the sake of your fat sisters.
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.
”—Seven Simple Ways To Free Yourself, from girl to girl (via fawnbabe)